A place for free chronic pain information resources, collated from across the web about how chronic pain works, effective treatment methodologies and pointers to sources of more evidence-based up-to-date information.
1. UNDERSTANDING PAIN
The following 5 minute video takes a quick look at the up-to-date, effective approach for treating persistent or chronic pain. Produced as a joint project between GP Access, Hunter Integrated Pain Service and New South Wales government Australia.
2. YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
The most common questions about chronic pain are answered by Sheren Gaulbert in this live Question & Answer session, with Cathy Simmons. Interview recorded on January 10th 2017.
3. THE MYSTERIOUS SCIENCE OF PAIN
All pain has a sensory and emotional component. This short TED-Ed video from Joshua W. Pate explores the biological and psychological factors that influence our experience of pain.
3. UNDERSTANDING PAIN - FOR CHILDREN AND YOUNG ADULTS
This 11 minute video also contains three practical tips for children, young adults, parents and teachers. Produced by German Paediatric Pain Centre, Children's and Adolescent's Hospital, Witten/Herdecke University
4. PAIN, THE BRAIN & HOW TO CALM YOUR NERVOUS SYSTEM
This is a recording of a live Q&A with Sheren for the Vulval Pain Society Much of what is covered is also relevant for other persistent pain. Answers explore:
- the basics of how pain works (can help you feel you can get control)
- why flare-ups or setbacks happen
- what to do to prevent flare-ups and setbacks
- how to calm the Nervous System